This is the presentation from session two of the Relationship Series; “Free to be me.”
In this session we discuss “Your relationship with God, where does it start?” We discuss what develops our image of God, steps to improve our relationship with Him, and practical exercises that we can use to draw ourselves nearer to HIm.
The homework assignment from this session calls for you to explore your God image :
- Take the folks you think you may have used as a template and consider their traits (good, bad, and indifferent)
- Use your list to determine how many of those you have assigned to God.
- Test for the truth of these traits belonging to Him based on His Word. Be willing to be honest with yourself (He already knows)
- Think about how you feel about Him when He’s disappointed you or something has happened that devastates you.
After you have considered what your God-image is…work on drawing nearer to Him with these intimacy exercises.
- Let hugging your spouse, children or loved one become a sacrament of communicating love to God.
- Make sure your day planner has at least one appointment with God that is written in indelible ink (can’t be changes or written over)
There is a video featured in the presentation by Mrs. Antonina Griffin, which we have embedded for viewing, just below the presentation. Enjoy.
Against All Odds. My struggle, my success, my STORY!
GET THE LATEST RELATIONSHIP UPDATES FROM DR. SOS DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX.
Enter your email and first name.