Session One Summary
During this session we explored the power of your introduction and reflected on the fact that we all come to the table with a degree of resilience that is innately infused in us. We acknowledged that we have all demonstrated a measure of resilience in our past, which allows us to be where we are today.
In order to get the most out of our Resilience Experience, we recognize that we each must be willing to set goals and set expectations, share our truth, be open, be honest, be vulnerable, and recognize and honor our growth in the area of resilience.
We explored the concept of a “tribe” and decidedly created our own. In doing so, we also established our Tribe Agreements, which will allow us all to feel safe and will create the environment needed for us to explore, expand and extend our ability to be resilient.
Life Application Assignments
Finally, we were provided with Life Application Assignments that included the following activities:
- Continue to meditate on this scripture: Proverbs 4:23 – 27.
- Consider how it relates to this idea of community.
- How do we apply these instructions in the context of community?
- Journal your thoughts.
- Take some time to prayerfully consider and ask God to help you identify who is Your Tribe outside of Our Tribe?
(Those people He has already placed in your life to encourage you, challenge you, push you, and love you into your destiny)
- Let Him lead and don’t be surprised if there are faces you didn’t expect to see! His ways are not our ways!
- Journal about your experience.
- It’s really important that I have an understanding of what you would like to get out of this experience.
- Write down 3 things you would like to get out of this resilience journey and our time together.
- Come prepared to share them at our next session.