This is a continuance of the Free to Be Me Women’s relationship series. Dr. S.O.S. spent the first 8 parts of the series discussing how we build a relationship with God. In this six part series Dr. S.O.S. discusses the dynamics of building a relationship with ourselves. In Part 1 she discussed “self-esteem”; now in Part 2 , she discusses “self-acceptance”.
In this presentation we learn the characteristics of self-acceptance:
- Is unconditional and free of any kind of qualification
- Allows for non-judgmentally affirming who we are
- Can occur as a result of self-compassion and choosing to focus on our positives
The upsides of self-acceptance:
- It’s possible to accept yourself and remain committed to personal growth
- Accepting who you are today, gives you permission to consider who you want to be in the future
- Through self-compassion we can focus more on our positives than our negatives
She also provides an exploration of just how your self-acceptance concepts came to be.
After the click, you can enjoy the video (length 38:19) and follow along with the accompanying slide deck. Please leave your questions and comments, Dr. S.O.S. responds personally.